- Crisis communication and effects of hierarchy
- Hurdles of feedback processes
- Concept of psychological safety
- Communication patterns and importance of leader inquiry
- Situation awareness and group think
- Workload management
- Decision making process dynamics
Leading through the crisis
As the coronavirus pandemic is making its way across the countries, businesses of all sizes are facing a wide range of challenges. With no precedent to guide them, they have to respond to the crisis under a high degree of uncertainty and time pressure.
Now more than ever, leaders have to be equipped with the right mindset and skills to protect their business and employees and to recover and thrive in the future.
That's why we created a new series of virtual interventions to provide businesses with tools and strategies to succeed in times of crisis.
Current challenges in the times of the coronavirus crisis are twofold: keeping up operations as well as using the crisis to prepare for the future.
Considering the ever-evolving nature of a pandemic, the sessions provided by ESMT will:
stay relevant to the emerging situation,
create space for discussions on pressing issues and facilitate those,
encourage engagement, enhance knowledge and foster team spirit for starting the future tomorrow.
10 online sessions to help you lead through the crisis
The selection of the ESMT training programs for “Leading through the crisis“ are covering two aspects: keeping up operations and preparing for the future, and allow participants to earn the certificate “Leading through the crisis“ by accomplishing all modules and passing a final online test.
Keeping up operations
Session 1: Leading under pressure
Session 2: Networks in a crisis situation
- Combining the power of networks to elicit decentralized knowledge and information during sense-making, and the power of corporate authority to align decision making, execution and communication.
Session 3: Effective virtual collaboration
- In this gamified simulation developed by ESMT Executive Education participants are working in a virtual team to solve a series of tasks under time pressure –it’s all about collaboration.
Session 4: Leading adaptive challenges
- What characterizes technical and adaptive challenges?
- What means “responsibility” in times of adaptive challenges?
- How do people react to adaptive leadership?
- Why do people exaggerate loss (and understate potential gains)?
- How can I prepare for personal attacks, marginalization attempts, diversion tactics, and seduction in times of adaptive leadership?
- A tool: My script to explain adaptive leadership in my area of responsibility
Session 5: Performing necessary evils
- Challenges of communicating and conducting tough measures responsibly
Preparing for the future
Session 6: Smart choices - How to improve judgment and decision making
- How is managerial decision making influenced by biases?
- How to improve judgment and decision making?
- How to use appropriate instruments to avoid biases?
Session 7: Managerial analytics
- Creating awareness of the power of analytical methods for optimal data-driven decision-making.
- Exploring the limits of the applicability in different managerial contexts.
Session 8: Opening up the innovation process
- Implications of opening up the innovation process
- How can information technologies be used to promote a more open and distributed innovation process?
- How can companies strike the balance between benefiting from a diverse pool of external partners and pursuing internal technology development?
- How can companies open up their knowledge flows to generate new growth?
Session 9: Understanding digital technologies
- Advantages and current challenges of deep-tech applications, such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Robotic Process Automation, Additive Manufacturing, Quantum Computing, etc.
- Hands-on insights on the application fields of these technologies, and future challenges.
Session 10: Becoming entrepreneurial
- Based on the Corporate Entrepreneurship Matrix, this session highlights new ways of enhancing the corporate innovation management.