- Axel Springer
- British American Tobacco
- BSH Bosch Siemens Hausgeräte
Practice Group Consumer Goods, Retail and Media
Consumer goods, retail and media companies are confronted with rapid change, triggered by constantly changing consumer purchasing behaviors. Faced with competing alternatives, consumers base their purchasing decisions not only on quality, but also on image and brand perception. The resulting importance of brand equity pushes managers to focus on marketing and advertising – an added expense in a sector already plagued by tight margins.
At the same time, firms must contend with private label competition, possibly non-optimal supply chain management – all in all a highly challenging business environment which ESMT Customized Solutions addresses with in-depth executive education offerings.
- Fast changes in consumer behavior
- Customer behavior often dependent upon brand and image
- High expenses for marketing and advertisement
- Low margins due to strong competition in many product categories
- Making product and service innovation a core competence
- Establishing superior brand management
- Continuously increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of all marketing activities
- Leveraging sourcing and inventory management to reduce cost to the bare minimum