- Completed online application form submitted by June 19.
- Motivational video (2-3 minutes)
- Option A: Elaborate on why you wish to join LISEAD. Focus on your long-term goals and how this academy will complete these goals. Elaborate on what personal traits you bring to this program and how your fellow participants could benefit. Discuss the strengths of your academic and professional background, as well as any additional comments that will assist in evaluating your application materials.
- Option B: Many leadership specialists speak of how failure is just as important to professional development as is success. Tell us about a setback in your life, your reaction to the setback, and any learning or growth you gained from the experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts
LISEAD - Life Science Entrepreneurship Academy
Empowering the Next Generation of Life Science Entrepreneurs
An initiative founded by:
Scientists hold the key to breakthrough life-science innovations. Translating innovation into benefits for society requires entrepreneurial spirit and expertise. By combining our scientific, entrepreneurial and educational excellence, we as founding partners started the Life Science Entrepreneurship Academy, LISEAD, to bridge that gap and empower more scientists to become successful entrepreneurs.
ESMT President Jörg Rocholl invites you to join a special cohort of future leading "scientrepreneurs".
Seasoned entrepreneur and founder of Blue Ribbon Partners, Marco Janezic, breaks down the LISEAD program for you.
Prof. Matthias Tschöp, CEO of Helmholtz Munich, portrays the observations in the German Science Innovation ecosystem that calls for the formation of an academy to bring forward scientific “Hybrid-talents” skilled in science, entrepreneurship & management.
Daniela Sommer, CTO of Helmholtz Munich, describes the unique content of the bootcamp and why we believe that a human-centric design is the key to success for entrepreneurial executive education.
How it works: our unique compilation for scientists
LISEAD is designed for aspiring life science entrepreneurs and prepares you for a different world. For us, success means helping you thrive in your transition from a research-focused scientist to a business-minded, entrepreneurial scientist. Hence, we spared no effort to design an entrepreneurial schedule tailored to scientists and dipped into the expertise of all our founding and supporting partners. The result is a unique combination of three key ingredients reflected in our three pillars of success:
Your learning journey in a nutshell
Want to join?
The LISEAD admissions team is looking for a diverse group of professionals who are excited to succeed as life science entrepreneurial leaders. Tell us who you are and we will consider each aspect of your application to ensure LISEAD is right for you and you are for LISEAD. Apply by June 19 to secure your spot.
By the way, we are happy to announce that our sponsor will cover 100% of the 12.600 EUR tuition fee for all admitted participants!
Before starting the program application, ensure you meet one of the following criteria:
- Enrolled in a PhD program in the natural sciences
- Have first entrepreneurial experiences, e.g. university courses
All applicants will participate in a selection process where we evaluate your entrepreneurial motivation and uncover your entrepreneurial potential. Apply here.
2022 intake Application opens April 20 Application closes June 19 Interview days July 06-08 Final decisions July 27-31