Executive education program in English
We all know examples of executives leading organizations or supervising teams in which grave errors occurred or where disasters were mismanaged, despite the fact that all involved had strong professional backgrounds and considerable experience. However, regardless of the hierarchical levels of the people responsible for an event, the reasons should be investigated and used as an indicator that some fundamental assumptions concerning an organizational system, operation, or task were wrong. Yet, in most organizations, it is rare that the root causes of errors or crises are ever thoroughly examined. An exception is the aviation industry, whose members are prepared to deal with mistakes in order to achieve operational excellence and manage life-threatening situations.
Leadership under Pressure program draws on this experience to illustrate ways of proactively managing errors and crises and seizes upon the learning opportunities that emerge. It shows how a diagnostic concept is the first step toward a modern working environment in which critical situations serve as learning opportunities.
The program features the latest ESMT faculty research in error management and provides unique access to lessons from the aviation sector for organizations.
This program is also available in German language: Führen in kritischen Situationen.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Who should attend the program?
All professionals who want to prepare for complex leadership situations, either because of the daily risks to a company’s operations or the need to change organizational behavior when dealing with crises and mistakes.
The program is limited to twenty participants.
- Stay on top of critical incidents and learn support strategies for mastering the dynamics of these situations before they can disrupt organizational processes, unsettle employees, and damage a company’s reputation
- Explore methods for dealing with errors in organizations
- Learn how to establish a system of psychological safety that enables leaders and their teams to learn from errors and crises
- Obtain insights into the crisis management preparations of Lufthansa’s flight crews and practice the knowledge
acquired in this program under the supervision of Lufthansa pilots in complex simulators
- Solid network of global contacts
- Leading teams in high-pressure situations
- Creating an organizational learning culture
- Understanding the prerequisites of psychological safety
- Overcoming potential obstacles
- Driving decision-making processes in complex situations
- Maintaining control in dynamic and fluid situations
- Managing crisis communication
- Applying the program’s lessons during exercises in a flight simulator of Lufthansa Aviation Training