Executive education program in English
Innovate or die. Today’s business landscape is marked by an innovation culture, one that touches upon the most fundamental challenges that every business leader faces. The accelerated pace of globalization requires companies to improve processes, develop new products, and create new lines of business in ever shorter cycles. Disruptive technologies and increasing competition threaten revenue streams from existing lines of business. At the same time, digitalization and new forms of early-stage consumer involvement during the development process offer an unprecedented number of channels for the interaction and exchange of ideas. Yet, as many of the world’s most successful companies have learned, innovation is not a product. It is a mindset. Tomorrow’s winners will be those who embed innovation thought processes inside their organization’s DNA.
Berlin embodies this new thinking. As a hub for the international startup scene, the city is home to an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters innovation in both large and small organizations. It is an environment in which traditional businesses are learning from entrepreneurs about new collaboration and communication models. Building on ESMT Berlin’s extensive network to move into prolific new ventures, Innovation as a Corporate Model breaks the boundaries of classroom teaching with an action-based learning experience. Participants visit new forms of shared working environments. They speak with startup entrepreneurs to gain insights into a new type of competitive mindset. They acquire tools that enhance creativity and boost innovation inside their own business units. Finally, participants explore how to steer an organization toward greater agility and reap the benefits of methods such as Design Thinking.
Target audience: Who should attend the program?
Executives from business development, strategy, marketing, and sales who seek to initiate or lead innovation processes, as well as manage new innovation sources and channels within their business.
Key benefits: Profit from hands-on expertise
- Master the fundamentals for successfully initiating and implanting innovation into the organization’s DNA
- Experiential exercises, interactive lectures, peer-coaching sessions, and a personal innovation action plan
- Toolkit and mindset to achieve new sources of revenue and competitive advantage
- Corporate venturing: transforming traditional businesses
- Best practices: creating platforms for internal idea generation
- Creativity techniques, customer-centric innovation, and Design Thinking
- Digital innovation
- Open innovation: resetting the boundaries of the firm
- Incubators, accelerators, and co-working spaces – experiencing new forms of innovation
- Challenges in scaling innovations