Online executive education program in English
The program will be conducted completely online by ESMT’s Visiting Professor Joe Peppard, MIT Sloan School of Management.
- An engaging learning experience will be provided by combining remote synchronous lectures with interactive elements, such as group exercises, polls and discussions.
- Case studies will also be discussed online in small groups in breakout rooms.
- With online sessions spread throughout a week, you will have the opportunity to better reflect on the material as well as have time to prepare for specific assignments.
- Since the program is very practically oriented, you will be able to transfer the learnings into your current work – and will be supported by the program faculty to do so.
Duration: 11,5 hours online teaching
||Berlin Time (UTC +2)
|Thursday, July 2
||10:00 am - 12:00 noon
||3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
|Friday, July 3
||10:00 am - 12:00 noon
||3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
|Tuesday, July 7
||12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
||4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
|Thursday, July 9
||12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
As an organization looks to leverage the opportunities of digital technologies and become a so called digital enterprise, victory is determined not so much by successfully deploying technology as it is about making fundamental changes to an organization. This will include reimagining processes, introducing new ways of working, becoming data driven in decision making, focusing on employee experience, re-aligning accountabilities, altering funding models and introducing more relevant metrics. It may also demand dealing with the technical debt that has accumulated due to legacy systems. Perhaps the most difficult of all changes to make will be changing mindsets and corporate culture.
The aim of this program is to help you plan, set-up and run your digital transformation initiative in ways that increase the likelihood of expected business outcomes being achieved.
Who should attend the program?
The program is designed for those executives leading digital transformation initiatives. It will also appeal to anyone either sponsoring or responsible for implementing technology projects.
- Gaining a clear understanding of what it takes to be successful in digital transformation
- Learning tools and techniques that allow the realization of expected outcomes
- Applying these tools and techniques to actual projects
- Defining the building blocks of the digital enterprise
- Selecting the right operating model
- Understanding how digital investments create real business value
- Identifying the best pathway to achieve your digital ambitions
- Dealing with legacy systems and technical debt
- Mapping a digital transformation journey
- Identifying and overcoming obstacles
- Analyzing stakeholders and building strategies
- Defining metrics and re-assigning responsibilities
- Building robust and realistic business cases
- Designing initiatives to accommodate different types of digital investments
- Rethinking the role of the IT department