Executive education program in English
Hybrid classroom: In 2020, you can choose to participate in the program either face-to-face or remotely (if you are unable to travel to Berlin due to current travel restrictions).
Today’s business leaders are increasingly forced to make quick decisions. Good managers instinctively set out to make reasoned, well thought out judgment calls, yet a rational approach to tackling decisions is only one side of the story. Too often, too much emphasis is placed on intuition, and personal biases begin to influence – and fatally flaw – the decision-making process. Without a doubt, this process should be complemented with sound analysis.
The Art of Decision Making program is designed to help you achieve greater insight and to learn to exercise sound judgment by honing decision making skills and designing processes that combine rationality and intuition. You will learn to avoid common decision making mistakes by breaking down problems into manageable parts, effectively analyzing information, considering alternatives, and identifying the objectives you need to achieve. You will gain a greater understanding of your own personal biases, how these affect your decisions, and how to prevent them from influencing future decisions. Finally, you will discuss how to implement big data and evidence based decision making while reflecting on your decision making style based on the exercises conducted.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Who should attend the program?
Professionals and managers in all functions who are actively engaged in decision making in times of increasing volatility and uncertainty.
- Improve business performance by developing a deeper understanding of what distinguishes effective decisions from ineffective ones
- Learn to ask the right kinds of questions, use appropriate frameworks, and stop overanalyzing to avoid common decision traps
- Understand your decision making style and ways to improve it
- Making good decisions
- Managing uncertainty
- Evaluating alternatives
- Valuing additional information
- Dealing with uncertainty when deciding
- Understanding decision-making psychology
- Analyzing your risk attitude and its influence on your decisions
- Recognizing personal biases
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Optimizing group processes
- Combining different opinions
- Steering group dynamics
- Implementing in the organizational context
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
This program can also be taken as part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management curriculum. Bring your career to the next level and gain the formal recognition of your professional development with this university-level certificate.
The Art of Decision Making counts towards 2 of the 18 days necessary to receive the diploma.
The Art of Decision Making can be tailored to meet the unique needs of your organization, and can be delivered in either the English or German language.