Executive education program in English
Managers in multifaceted organizations are seldom encouraged to consider their value-chain position or the value created by all the players involved. Indeed, many executives are not confident in their knowledge of the underlying principles and practical applications of basic investment-appraisal techniques.
This innovative, action-oriented, hands-on program is designed for non-financial managers who wish to learn how accounting and financial processes work, and how to interpret the powerful messages that can emerge from the numbers. Finance for Managers focuses on identifying and removing financial management roadblocks and helps establish a sustainable program on financial discipline and awareness.
Who should attend the program?
Senior or mid-level managers from a non-financial background interested in gaining a better understanding of financial principles.
- Gain a deeper understanding of profit-and-loss accounts, balance sheets, and cash-flow statement operations
- Learn to identify relevant costs and revenues
- Obtain a firm grasp on finance
- Communicate their financial goals to others
- Receive a solid network of global contacts
- Developing awareness of external financial markets and their effects on management decisions
- Explaining relationships between revenue and costs and asset management; how return on capital employed (ROCE) is built from these two components; and how profit differs from cash
- Forensic analysis of cash-flow statements to predict financial stress
- Understanding the basic valuation framework surrounding investment decisions; measuring consequences of time adjustment, amounts of relevant cash flow, and risks
- Introducing new techniques in cost measurement, such as activity-based costing and value-chain analysis; discussing the relevance of these tools
- Effective cooperation with internal and external financial specialists
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
This program can also be taken as part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management curriculum. Bring your career to the next level and gain the formal recognition of your professional development with this university-level certificate.
Finance for Managers counts towards 3 of the 18 days necessary to receive the diploma.