Executive education program in English
NEW: In 2020 the program will be delivered in a live online format.
Managers in multifaceted organizations are seldom encouraged to consider their value-chain position or the value created by all the players involved. Indeed, many executives are not confident in their knowledge of the underlying principles and practical applications of basic investment-appraisal techniques.
This innovative, action-oriented, hands-on program is designed for non-financial managers who wish to learn how accounting and financial processes work, and how to interpret the powerful messages that can emerge from the numbers. Finance for the Non-finance Executive focuses on identifying and removing financial management roadblocks and helps establish a sustainable program on financial discipline and awareness.
Who should attend the program?
Senior or mid-level managers from a non-financial background interested in gaining a better understanding of financial principles.
- Gain a deeper understanding of profit-and-loss accounts, balance sheets, and cash-flow statement operations
- Learn to identify relevant costs and revenues
- Obtain a firm grasp on finance
- Communicate their financial goals to others
- Receive a solid network of global contacts
- Developing awareness of external financial markets and their effects on management decisions
- Explaining relationships between revenue and costs and asset management; how return on capital employed (ROCE) is built from these two components; and how profit differs from cash
- Forensic analysis of cash-flow statements to predict financial stress
- Understanding the basic valuation framework surrounding investment decisions; measuring consequences of time adjustment, amounts of relevant cash flow, and risks
- Introducing new techniques in cost measurement, such as activity-based costing and value-chain analysis; discussing the relevance of these tools
- Effective cooperation with internal and external financial specialists