Executive education program in English
Master your negotiation skills, build better relationships, and pave the way for long-term business and personal success with our program Mastering Negotiations. In this program, you will improve your conceptual understanding of the negotiation process, learn how to create and claim value in negotiations, how to effectively prepare for and structure negotiations, and develop skills to handle more challenging situations such as negotiating in teams or in an intercultural business context.
This course is for you if you frequently conduct negotiations within your company as well as with outside parties and want to transform yourself from an ‘experienced’ negotiator to an ‘expert’ negotiator.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Receive a 10 % price reduction in the tuition fee by booking our complementary intensive program The High-Impact Negotiator that builds on the knowledge and style of this program (if both programs are booked together). Please talk to our admissions team or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The German language equivalent to this program is Professionelles Verhandeln.
Who should attend the program?
This program is designed for professionals with some negotiating experience who want to improve their ability to create value at the negotiating table. It is especially helpful for those engaging in multiparty deals, international negotiations, or more complex deals.
Past participants include division/department heads and vice presidents of large multinational companies who deal with complex negotiation challenges, as well as partners of professional service firms and heads of regional or country units. Senior professionals or mid-level executives who wish to gain an additional boost in their negotiation skills will also profit from attending.
- Enhance conceptual, strategic, and practical understandings of effective bargaining situations
- Gain expertise on how to create value for all parties in integrative negotiations
- Identify and eliminate barriers to successful negotiations across cultural boundaries
- Refine critical negotiating skills and acquire new skills to deal with special challenges
- Key principles and frameworks to employ when preparing for and conducting negotiations
- Strengths and weaknesses of various negotiation tactics and styles
- Techniques for goal-setting and the assessment of offers; evaluation of alternatives and walk-away situations
- Multi-party negotiations, coalition dynamics, the creation of lasting alliances, and sustainable agreements
- Negotiation across cultures and cultural influences on effective communication and perceptions
- Game-theory approaches to strategic interactions and identification of power asymmetries
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
This program can also be taken as part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management curriculum. Bring your career to the next level and gain the formal recognition of your professional development with this university-level certificate.
Mastering Negotiations counts towards 3 of the 18 days necessary to receive the diploma.
We offer multiple programs on negotiations. Visit this overview page to choose the best one for you.