In their quarterly hustle to meet the numbers, managers rarely take the time to step back and consider how these numbers relate to the big picture or how their decisions and performance actually add value. This program seeks to change that. We provide you with a framework that transforms strategy buzzwords and financial jargon into clear tools and objectives. These actionable takeaways will help you to communicate and manage important decisions such as investments and M&As more effectively.
Although the program blends insights from theory and practice, it will be very hands-on to boost your financial literacy. The program will show you how to read and analyze financials through the lens of value-creation. We will explore these numbers to understand how to present and choose among business cases, how to factor in uncertainty, and how to value a company. We will also make sure that you avoid common mistakes and fallacies in financial decision-making going forward to create a lasting impact on your career.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Who should attend the program?
Senior or mid-level managers from non-financial backgrounds interested in gaining a better understanding of financial principles.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of profit-and-loss accounts, balance sheets, and cash flow
- Learning to identify relevant costs and revenues
- Communicating financial goals to others
- Building a network of global contacts
- Developing awareness of external financial markets and their effects on management decisions
- Explaining relationships between revenue and costs, how return on capital employed (ROCE) is built from these two components, and how profit differs from cash
- Forensic analysis of financial statements to understand and predict performance and financial stress
- Understanding the basic valuation framework surrounding investment decisions; measuring the consequences of time adjustment, amounts of relevant cash flow, and risks
- Learning how to manage working capital more efficiently
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
This program can also be taken as part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management curriculum. Bring your career to the next level and gain the formal recognition of your professional development with this university-level certificate.
Finance for Managers counts towards 3 of the 18 days necessary to receive the diploma.