This is a self-paced online program supplemented by live sessions.
The competitive landscape in the world of digital disruption poses new challenges for business leaders. To address these challenges, this program will explore what we believe to be the three major aspects, or the “3P’s,” of innovation: Prospect, Process, and People.
Starting with “Prospect,” leaders must set bold visions to catalyze breakthrough growth, turning organizational visions into missions and actions. Continuing with “Process,” leaders must make tough choices while prioritizing and mobilizing resources along the innovation funnel. The “People” aspect will address the need for leaders to inspire, encourage, and motivate their employees to build a climate in which people feel empowered to be innovative and safe enough to risk failure when experimenting with new ideas.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Who should attend the program?
Executives who want to foster innovation in their organization, yet struggle with setting a strong vision, optimizing internal processes, and/or leading their teams in a motivational way.
- Gaining strategic insights into innovation, setting a great vision, and translating that vision into concrete goals and objectives
- Learning how to develop the right organizational structure for innovation to thrive
- Understanding how to successfully manage the innovation process, invest in future growth, and make smart decisions along the way
- Building a strong corporate learning culture that empowers people to fuel innovation at the individual, team, and organizational levels
- Exploring the impact of leadership on the nature and success of creative efforts; creating an organizational climate that nurtures and promotes innovation
- Reflecting on the situation inside one’s company, thinking through all the steps in the innovation journey, and creating a personal action plan
- Mapping the innovation landscape into an organization’s strategic goal, understanding its contexts, types, and barriers
- Designing the innovation process and structuring the innovation funnel
- Organizing for innovation: evaluation, resource prioritization and allocation, decision making
- Leading up, down, and laterally to motivate people and foster innovation
Managing and Leading for Innovation is a six-week online program combining on-demand and real-time elements. You will work through six learning modules at your own pace, guided by ESMT experts. It will take you around 30 hours to complete the program (around 5 hours per week).
Individual learning journeys will be supported by a workbook designed for personal reflection on the current situation inside your organization, enabling you to transfer the lessons learned into daily practice. You will experience and interact with diverse virtual learning components, including case studies, individual exercises, peer feedback, live discussion forums, simulation exercises, and live webinars.
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
This program can also be taken as part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management curriculum. Bring your career to the next level and gain the formal recognition of your professional development with this university-level certificate.
Managing and Leading for Innovation counts towards 3 of the 18 days necessary to receive the diploma.