Executive education program in English
NEW: In 2020 the program takes place in an online format.
Live sessions spread over 2 modules. Module 1: September 30 - October 1, 2020. Module 2: November 20, 2020.
Online coaching sessions between the modules.
Acting as a coach, executives address the central requirement of an agile leadership: they see themselves as a service provider for their employees. Important is leadership at eye level with the goal of allowing employees to act and decide in a self-organized and responsible manner. In the role of a coach, managers concentrate on the resources of their team. They help them to help themselves and offer guidance without taking their responsibility off them or pursuing personal interests.
Coaching rarely succeeds intuitively for managers: in addition to personal competencies, communication skills and methodical expertise, the ability to master and reconcile the different roles of supervisor and coach is required.
The German language equivalent to this program is Die Führungskraft als Coach.
Who should attend the program?
Business leaders with several years of management experience who are prepared to assume this role and view coaching to be a part of their management responsibility.
- Analyze the conditions under which they can accept coaching as an additional leadership role and be effective in it
- Discuss the critical phases of the coaching process and develop action plans for a structured coaching method, based on practical experiences
- Proven diagnostic concepts, useful communication techniques, typical interventions, and modes of behavior
- The business leader as an internal coach: role clarification and opportunities
- The coaching process: structure and process
- The actual coaching: conceptual basis and different forms of communication
- Diagnostic concepts of the coaching process
- Typical forms of intervention and behavior of the business leader as a coach
- Team coaching as a management task
- Individual preparation for the role as a coach
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
This program can also be taken as part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management curriculum. Bring your career to the next level and gain the formal recognition of your professional development with this university-level certificate.
Leader as a Coach counts towards 3 of the 18 days necessary to receive the diploma.