Executive education program in English
In management we tend to focus on success stories. But based on what we read and hear each day, it may be more interesting to learn how strong organizations become involved in disasters or bankruptcies, despite having managers with solid professional backgrounds. As we all know, mistakes are unavoidable, especially under high pressure. Yet, in most organizations, it is rare for them to be thoroughly examined. An exception is the high-risk aviation industry, which focuses on preparing its members to solve life-threatening situations.
Leadership under Pressure program draws on this experience to illustrate ways of proactively managing unavoidable errors and therefore strengthening organizations for crisis situations. It shows how a diagnostic concept is the first step toward a modern working environment in which critical situations serve as learning opportunities.
The program presents the best of ESMT Berlin thought leadership on error management and provides unique access to lessons from the aviation sector for organizations.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Target audience: Who should attend the program?
All professionals who have to deal with complex leadership situations, either because of the daily risks to a company’s production lines or the need to change organizational behavior when dealing with pressure, crises, and mistakes.
The program is limited to twenty participants.
Key benefits: Profit from hands-on expertise
- Stay on top of volatile situations and introduce support strategies for mastering the dynamics of these situations
- Learn conceptual frameworks for leading high-pressure situations that can disrupt organizational flows, processes, and employee interactions
- Identify various mindsets and behaviors involved in making mistakes, whether they are made by individuals, a division or an organization
- Solid network of global contacts
- Avoiding the blame game
- Maintaining control in dynamic and fluid situations
- Assessing different crisis stages
- Managing communication
- Driving decision-making processes in dynamic and high-workload situations
- Leading teams during crises
- Understanding the prerequisites for error management
- Overcoming potential obstacles
- Exercises in real flight simulators of Lufthansa Aviation Training