Joint program with:
Talents assigned to their first leadership roles need to prove themselves to their superiors, peers, and collaborators. Succeeding requires a profound change in both skills and mindset: from a talent who delivers value individually to a leader who creates value through others. The Emerging Leaders Program is designed to enable you to manage this critical transition and realize your full leadership potential.
In the first module, you will develop insights and tools to help you deal with the multifaceted contexts in which leadership plays out while learning how effective leadership requires actively managing upwards, downwards, and laterally. In the second module, you will reflect on the responsibilities you have accepted as a future leader. Through intense interactions with faculty, peers, and professional actors, you will explore the ethical and psychological foundations of leadership and work on preparing a foundation for your own individual path to leadership.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Who should attend the program?
Managers who have recently been appointed to leadership positions or high potentials in preparation of their first significant leadership roles. The program is designed to embrace participants with diverse professional and personal backgrounds.
- Acquire knowledge, mindset, and tools needed to successfully transition into a leadership role
- Gain awareness of the challenges and responsibilities that come with leadership
- Learn how to create value for yourself and your organization by fostering productive working relationships with your collaborators, peers, and superiors
- Benefit from our Alumni Network and post-program support which will provide you with a source of state-of-the-art business knowledge and a thriving global community of emerging leaders.
Module 1: The context of leadership
- Understand the company behind the organization chart
- Build an effective network
- Create value through downward, upward, and lateral management
- Motivate self and others
- Build a high-performance team culture
Module 2: Personal leadership skills
SDA Bocconi, Milan, Italy
- Ethical and psychological foundations of leadership
- Leadership in action
- Communicate as a leader
- Leadership transitions and self-development