Online executive education program in English
This is a self-paced online program supplemented by live sessions.
It is no longer a secret, but rather common knowledge shared by executives, that innovation is the key driver of organizational success. Yet even starting to build an organization in which innovation plays a key role is often perceived by many executives as a frustrating experience. Sustaining innovation to create real value at scale, for the customers and for the company itself, is even harder.
The competitive landscape in the world of digital disruption poses new challenges for business leaders. To address these challenges, this program will explore what we believe to be the three major aspects, or the “3P’’s, of innovation: prospect, process, and people. Starting with “Prospect”, leaders must set bold visions to catalyze breakthrough growth, turning organizational visions into missions and actions. Continuing with “Process”, leaders must make tough choices, prioritize and mobilize resources along the innovation funnel. The ‘’People’’ aspect will address the need for leaders to inspire, encourage, and motivate their employees to build a climate where people feel empowered to be innovative and safe enough to risk failure when experimenting with new ideas.
This practical online learning journey will guide you through all the steps along the innovation journey and offer relevant strategic concepts, techniques, and tools, as well as organizational and leadership aspects of innovation.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Who should attend the program?
Executives who want to foster innovation in their organization – yet struggle with setting a strong vision, optimizing internal processes and/or leading their teams in a motivational way.
- Gain strategic insights into innovation, set a great vision, and translate that vision into concrete goals & objectives
- Learn how to develop the right organizational structure for innovation to thrive
- Understand how to successfully manage the innovation process, invest in future growth, and make smart decisions along the way
- Build a strong corporate learning culture that empowers people to fuel innovation at the individual, team, and organizational level
- Explore the impact of leadership on the nature and success of creative efforts, create an organizational climate that nurtures and promotes innovation
- Reflect on the situation inside one’s company, think through all the steps in the innovation journey and create a personal action plan
- Mapping the innovation landscape into an organization’s strategic goal, understanding its contexts, types, and barriers
- Turning innovation theater into innovation engine – from talking about innovation to converting innovation into practice
- Designing the innovation process and structuring the innovation funnel
- Organizing for innovation: evaluation, resource prioritization & allocation, decision making
- Leading up, down, and laterally to motivate people and foster innovation
Managing and Leading for Innovation is a six-week online program combining on-demand and real-time elements. You will work through six learning modules at your own pace, guided by ESMT experts. It will take you around 30 hours to complete the program (around 5 hours per week).
Individual learning journeys will be supported by a workbook designed for personal reflection on the current situation inside your organization, enabling you to transfer the lessons learned into daily practice. You will experience and interact with diverse virtual learning components, including case studies, individual exercises, peer feedback, live discussion forums, simulation exercises, and live webinars.
Postgraduate Diploma in Management
This program can also be taken as part of the Postgraduate Diploma in Management curriculum. Bring your career to the next level and gain the formal recognition of your professional development with this university-level certificate.
Managing and Leading for Innovation counts towards 3 of the 18 days necessary to receive the diploma.