Executive education program in English
The energy sector is undergoing a radical transformation – in Germany, in Europe, and on a global scale: Decentralized energy generation technologies, in particular wind and solar power, increase the prospect of implementing a supply structure that contributes to mitigating climate change. But they also lead to a range of new players and disruptive business models emerging in both industrialized and developing countries.
How do traditional electricity companies cope with this highly dynamic environment? What are their business opportunities? Will they survive in their current configuration, or will they be marginalized by new entrants from ICT, manufacturing, and digital startups? What are the business models of these new players, and how do they integrate new technologies like Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence?
In this course, we want to shed light on the transition towards a sustainable energy future. We are less concerned with details of regulation and technologies (although, of course, they matter and can trigger important changes), but with strategies that established players and new entrants pursue in their quest to benefit from the transition – or merely survive in the years to come.
Find all the program information at a glance in our PDF download.
Who should attend the program?
Executives wanting to acquire new strategic skills and familiarize themselves with new business models to react to the changing emerging market.
Although the course is about the energy sector, it does not require an industry background. If you are generally interested in the developments that take place in this industry, you are most welcome to participate and share your own expertise in strategy, innovation, and business transformation with the group and enrich the discussions.
- In-depth view into the changes that will shape the energy sector in the future
- Enhanced skills with respect to identifying critical information and issues in complex situations and offering new solutions to complex problems
- Understand and be able to exploit the potential of technology for innovation and growth, including showing an understanding of the importance of technology in delivering a more sustainable future for business, and being innovative in developing business solutions
- Evaluating market developments. What are the drivers of the new energy system? Which new markets develop?
- Analyzing strategies and business models. Which counter-strategies do incumbents follow? How do new competitors enter the markets?
- Selecting new business models. Which trade-offs exist between different implementation and commercialization strategies of innovations?